Pik0done, is the French regional touch which captures several years of development by our Engineering Office to end up with a new BMS (Battery Management System) firmware version. The firmware is the most important function of a lithium battery as it ensures its safety. Read more about the backstage and the new functionalities of this firmware version.
Pik0done in a few figures:
- 3 years of development,
- 7 C code Embedded Developers,
- More than 50 000 lines of code,
- About 430 croissants,
- 5,23 kg chestnuts,
- 125 litres of coffee and tea ^^
More seriously, here are the main features of our new BMS firmware version:
- SOA (Safe Operating Area),
- SOC (State Of Charge),
- SOH (State of Health),
- SOP (State of Power),
- Management of IMD and IMR for charging and discharging battery phases,
- ACBA (Advanced Cell Balancing Algorithm) that allows you to choose the balancing phase (charge, discharge or stand-by).
- Integrated Bootloader,
- CAN BUS 2.0 B J1939 compliant,
- 2 CAN BUS (1 internal + 1 external),
- BLE 4.2.
- 17 errors detection,
- Recovery mode,
- BMS status on control LED on GPIO,
- GPIO interlock function,
- Welded contactor checking (PDU lock).
Intelligence & smart functions:
- PNFA (Perturbation Numeric Filtering Algorithm) numeric filtering of cell voltage and battery temperature measurement disturbances,
- 88 editable parameters for battery mapping,
- Datalogger with SD card or internal memory recording the latest battery events,
- Up to 8 batteries parallelization with external TG8P (TYVA GATE 8P) gateway,
- Choice of single or double channel PDU,
- Regeneration allowed,
- Configurable smart pre-charge: length and power,
- Choice of charging and discharging channels via CAN BUS,
- Low voltage function to avoid battery deep discharge,
- Battery tracking with serial number.
- TYVA Tool Flash: battery firmware update,
- TYVA Support Tool,
- TYVA Smart Dashboard : real-time battery monitoring app.
Compatibility with TYVA Energie’s BMS:
- Master and slave,
- Several batteries parallelization,
- Static PDU,
- Dynamic PDU.